1 small or medium apple (i like fiji best)
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 cup water
1/2 tbsp honey
1/4 cup uncooked quinoa
1. core and cut the apple (leaving the skin on) into chunks.
2. rinse the quinoa several times. this is very important as it has a super bitter coating on it!
3. place them in a blender with the lemon juice, cinnamon and water. Blend until smooth. Taste it, if it’s not sweet enough add the honey and blend again.
4. place the apple mixture and quinoa into a small pan over medium-high heat.** stir continuously until it begins to boil. (my quinoa didn't cook thoroughly, i would recommend cooking the quinoa and apples in different pots with about a 1/4-1/2 cup water in the quinoa pan).
5. once it boils, cover and lower to a simmer. Simmer for 15-20 minutes. the quinoa will absorb the liquid and just begin to turn transparent with little visible rings.
6. remove from heat and eat! serve with a couple spoonfuls of protein-packed greek yogurt!
VIOLA AND HAPPY EATING!